Vegan Unicorn Protein Doughnuts
Here they are! These delicious doughnuts are vegan, low in carbs, high in protein and taste amazing!
I am going to show you how to make these protein doughnuts with Skinni V protein powder and only a few ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
1 cup (150g) gluten-free plain flour
4 tbsp coconut or brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
20g scoop Skinni V Vanilla protein Powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
7 tbsp milk of choice
1 (400g) can full fat coconut milk – refrigerated for at least 8 hours
Food colouring – We used pink Pitaya powder for the pink and blue matcha for the blue, but there is plenty of natural food colouring on the market.
- Preheat your oven to 180*C (160*C fan assisted)/ 350*F
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, protein powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, milk and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Lightly oil a silicon doughnut tray and divide the mixture equally between them.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before icing otherwise the frosting will melt!
- Using the solid part of the coconut only, transfer into a bowl and whisk using a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Divid the mixture evenly between 3 bowls and start adding different colours into each. Add a little at a time until you’re happy with the colour.
- Now add all 3 colours back into a large bowl, side by side not on top of each other.
- Dip each doughnut in twisting it to the right then left until you have an even coat of the frosting. Twisting it round while dipping will create the swirly effect.
*Original recipe taken from Nadia healthy kitchen on Pinterest.